GOOD NEWS MISSION
Mission Statement | Mission History | Statement of Faith | Mission at Glance |
Church Planting & Building | Gospel Class & Bible Conference | Retreats & Camps |
Theology School & Pastoral Training | Broadcasting & Internet Ministry | Publications
Statement of Faith (What we believe)
- The Bible was recorded through the hands of 40 people inspired by the Holy Spirit such as Moses and David for 1600 years.
- The Bible is the holy and infallible Word of God for it is the Truth and there is no falsehood and error.
- The greatest purpose of the Bible is to have sinners believe in Jesus Christ and receive eternal life.
- As the Bible is the inspired Word of God, it educates men of God on the path of righteousness through guidance and chastisement.
- The Bible is the standard for a true life of faith and the only source of God’s Word in this world.
- The Bible is the perfect Word of God whose content cannot be expanded or omitted.
- God is the one and only being that has the name, Jehovah: I am who I am.
- God in essence is one but exists in three persons: God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit.
- God possesses unconditional love, but abhors sin.
- God is the creator who created humans and the rest of the world.
- God is the Alpha and the Omega; the beginning and the end, and exists eternally.
- God is omnipotent and omnipresent.
- God is holy, good and truthful, and is the ultimate standard of good and evil.
- God presides over every aspect of human life according to His providence.
- God will judge the godly and the ungodly at the end of the world.
- God will have the righteous live in Heaven eternally and sinners in Hell with eternal punishment.
- Jesus Christ is the Son of God that came to the world with the invisible image of God.
- Jesus Christ is God in the flesh and is the only intercessor between God and Man, being a perfect human without sin.
- Jesus Christ was conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary.
- Jesus Christ is the fulfilment of all revelations, and without Him, it is impossible to wholly comprehend God.
- Jesus Christ was born in Bethlehem about two thousand years ago and raised in Nazareth. From the age of 30, He began to work in public and at the age of 33, he died on the cross.
- Jesus Christ is the decendant of David and Abraham according to his human genealogy.
- Jesus Christ healed the sick, walked on water, calmed a storm and raised the dead.
- Jesus Christ took away our sin in accordance with the will of God to wash away the sin of the World, and completed this work by being crucified on the cross.
- Jesus Christ was resurrected after three days and ascended into Heaven after 40 days.
- After Jesus Christ’s ascension, He has sat at the right-hand of God until his enemy becomes His footstool.
- Jesus has become the head of His Church, leading and protecting saints as a spiritual shepherd.
- Jesus Christ will come again before a seven-year tribulation and take saints up with Him. After the seven-year tribulation, He will reign over the earth with His saints for one thousand years.
- Jesus Christ will give the final judgement after the thousand-year kingdom and reign as the King of kings forever.
- The Holy Spirit is the life-giving spirit of the Son Jesus Christ and the Father God.
- The Holy Spirit was sent to the hearts of born-again Christians on the Pentecost after the resurrection of Jesus Christ.
- The Holy Spirit abides in the heart of the Saints, administering instruction and guidance.
- The Holy Spirit has been with the Father and the Son from the beginning and works today the same as it worked at the time when Jesus was alive.
- The Holy Spirit is the spirit that has the same nature as the Father and the Son.
- The Holy Spirit moves the hearts of sinners, allowing them to be born again while helping them realize sin and believe in Jesus Christ.
- The Holy Spirit makes intercession for saints through unspeakable lamentation.
- The Holy Spirit helps the saints bear 9 fruits: Love, Joy, Peace, Longsuffering, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Gentleness, and Self-control
- The Holy Spirit gives talents to the saints in church such as teaching, volunteering and helping others, and makes His church grow.
- God created Man on the sixth day of the Creation.
- Adam and Eve are the forefathers of mankind.
- Man is created according to God’s image.
- Man has started backsliding since adhering to the word of Satan rather than that of God.
- Since their fall, Man’s spirit died and became separated from God.
- Since their fall, all the plans and thoughts of Man are always evil and wholly corrupted.
- Man commit sin because they are born sinners.
- Man cannot cleanse sin through their efforts and strength, nor can they live sincere lives.
- Only when Man believes in Jesus Christ and receives the forgiveness of sin can they be born again as children of God.
- All people are sinners before being born again and cannot help but receive judgment as children of Satan.
- Man must become a new creation as born-again righteous people in order to have fellowship with God and gain access to Heaven.
- All people die once, but born-again Christians will ascend into Heaven when Jesus Christ comes again without having to experience death.
- After death, Man’s flesh returns to dust while the spirit returns to God before the judgment of good and evil.
- Salvation is the grace and work of God to save Man from sin.
- Salvation is the only way to believe in Jesus Christ who accomplished eternal redemption for everyone in the world. Moreover, in believing Jesus Christ, one must acknowledge he/she is a wholly corrupted sinner and turn back to God in an act of repentance.
- God predestined salvation inside Jesus Christ from the beginning of the world.
- Salvation is not of the righteousness of man but of God’s righteousness through Jesus Christ, through whom we can become as righteous as God and lack nothing to enter Heaven.
- Salvation can be divided into a salvation of spirit that makes us the children of God, a life salvation of living as children of God, and a salvation of taking off the sinful flesh and putting on a new body.
- Salvation is solely accomplished by the grace of God. Therefore, just as one needs to receive grace when receiving the salvation of his/her spirit, he/she must receive grace while receiving the salvation of life.
- Church is the gathering of saints that have been sanctified in Jesus Christ.
- Church is the body of Christ, transcending ages, places, classes and tribes.
- Church is the light of the world, preaching the Word of God and the Gospel to lead sinners towards Jesus.
- Church conducts ceremonies such as services, holy communions, fellowship and baptism.
- There are preachers like pastors and evangelists as well as elders, deacons and teachers in accordance with the teaching of the Bible while corresponding to the gifts given by the Holy Spirit and the will of God.
- In church, born-again saints teach and learn faith to walk with God through the Word, along with prayers and volunteering while sharing their testimonies of faith.
- In the end, the bodies of those born again will return to dust while their spirit returns to God and dwells in the midst of light and glory until the beginning of a new world.
- In the end, the bodies of sinners will return to dust, but their spirits will receive eternal judgment after the second death.